Private Markets Associate
Boston - MA
Oct 19 2022
Nov 2 2022
- Be a subject matter expert on all private equity and real estate accounting.
- Client service activities, including recording and analyzing transactions, recalculation of fees charged by investment managers, reconciliations, and preparation of reports and statements.
- Participation in the development and refinement of reporting and operations processes.
- Make judgments related to whether private equity and real estate managers are following industry standard procedures and applying best practices for fund administration.
- Reviews of annual financial statements and partner capital account statements to assess accuracy and compliance.
- Responding to client inquiries and requests.
- Preparation of client service plans, calendars, and timelines.
- Business development through attendance of client presentations, work on proposals/contracts, and developing technology initiatives.
- Project management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA a plus.
- 2+ years experience with private equity or real estate fund accounting.
- 2+ years experience in private equity operations management.
- Familiarity with preparation and review of capital call and distribution calculations, management fee calculations, carried interest and distribution waterfall calculations, and preparation of financial statements.
- Strong knowledge of partnership accounting.
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle tight internal and client deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, including written, listening, and presentation abilities.
- Solid attention to detail.
- Solid client relationship management skills
Required Years of Experience:
For more information, contact Tim @tim-fanning-boston