Associate, Product Marketing
Boston - MA
Dec 1 2022
Jan 18 2023
Product marketing: 65%
- Develop and execute marketing plans and content for new product launches. Includes participation in product planning discussions, development and execution of communication plans, and development and production of materials.
- Materials developed for new product launches typically include: offering memorandum (also known as a private placement memorandum), presentations, fact sheet, launch email, due diligence materials, due diligence web site, and internal training materials.
- Work closely with investment, operations, IR, and legal teams as well as product specialists to define product communications plan
- Develop educational presentations for internal team and coordinate training.
- Execute external webcasts to help guide conversations between launches.
- Work with external legal counsel on materials supporting launches and fund closes
- Employ strong project management skills including the ability to independently manage multiple projects, meet deliverable dates, prioritize and organize effectively, and pay close attention to detail.
- Proactively respond to feedback from IR team by developing new product marketing collateral, presentations, communications, and tools that meet the needs of IR and will capitalize on business opportunities.
- Drive content projects, in accordance with overall content calendar, to highlight the firm's capabilities and expertise across the private markets.
- Responsible for the development of engaging, high quality content for use across various channels including website, email, and product marketing
- Content includes both internal and external communications (email messages, publications, presentations, scripts, and talking points)
- Partner with editorial team to contribute to content calendar and generate ideas for new content themes, topics, and formats
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, grammar, and tone of voice
- Collaborate with team members focused on investor communications, product communications, and IR support to ensure integrated messages, leverage content, and ensure consistent messaging
- Understand SEC and other regulatory rules in order to develop materials in compliance with requirements. Support compliance process and guidelines for all materials, maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Collaborate with digital marketing team to ensure that materials are sent out to contacts via Salesforce
- Assist marketing and client communications team in the planning and execution of overall communications strategy.
- Coordinate with team members to identify opportunities to promote the firm's expertise, such as thought pieces, web content, emails, and webcasts.
- Partner with global team members to better understand local marketing needs and enhance marketing communications efforts globally.
- Stay current with industry practice on marketing communications using knowledge to enhance communication tactics.
- Help ensure a consistent message and tone with all marketing materials
BS/BA or equivalent
6-8 years' experience in marketing with specific experience in communications, message / content development, and writing. Institutional investment management or private equity experience preferred.
- Ability to apply strategic visioning to content development. Shape content with stakeholders for messaging and delivery in written format (Word), slide format (PowerPoint) and video.
- Superior teamwork skills and the ability to work across functional teams and all levels of the organization
- Ability to distill complex investment concepts into engaging slide content
- Demonstrated comfort delivering feedback and direction to senior stakeholders and investment professionals
- Experience developing marketing materials and content with an institutional asset management focus
- Strong working knowledge of marketing communication practices and relationship management process
- Solid knowledge of financial markets, specifically private equity, private debt, and real assets
- Familiarity with investment concepts and high level of comfort with numbers and analysis
- Proven business writing ability with excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Strong project management, including ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to write about complex concepts in a clear and compelling style, as well as a demonstrated ability to vary tone and language based on project / audience
- Ability to independently analyze information and solve problems
- High level of initiative
- Extremely detail oriented
- Sense of humor, team player, energetic
Required Years of Experience:
For more information contact: Lindsay Flynn (617)728-4100 | email@example.com