Chief Compliance Officer
Boston - MA
May 4 2022
A dynamic and growing SEC registered investment adviser with approximately $7 billion in regulatory assets under management, is currently seeking a highly focused and experienced Chief Compliance Officer (CCO). This position will lead the Compliance department and oversee all regulatory interaction and audit functions including acquisition, diligence, and integration of all acquired investment adviser firms as we scale the business dramatically. The Chief Compliance Officer will also lead the firm's compliance function. The CCO will also be responsible for ensuring that firm's reporting complies with regulatory requirements as well as firm policies and supervisory procedures. Additional responsibilities include developing and maintaining policies and procedures and the overall design and maintenance of the advisory services compliance program. The Chief Compliance Officer will provide executive leadership and strategy to compliance, risk management, control & operations of the firm.
- Develop and implement an overall strategic vision for the compliance functional areas of the firm which effectively manages and mitigates risk, establishes proper controls, supports business initiatives, and protects the firm from legal and regulatory risk
- Manage, monitor, and enforce all compliance requirements and best practices to ensure effectiveness with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Act as the firm's appointed SEC and FINRA regulatory liaison, managing regulatory audits and exams in accordance with The Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Execute a consistent approach to compliance reviews, issues, and concerns to minimize the firm's exposure.
- Manage the compliance review of all marketing materials produced by the firm.
- Proactively collaborate with other departments as needed to ensure compliance issues are addressed, investigated, and resolved.
- Consult with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and other departments as needed on compliance, supervision, management, and complaint issues.
- Provide guidance, training and education to employees to improve employee understanding of required actions and regulatory requirements. Oversee compliance training programs for staff.
- Provide general corporate compliance guidance to the firm and its operating businesses (contract review, legal due diligence, etc.).
- 5+ years in SEC compliance experience at a RIA or law firm, J.D. preferred
- Deep knowledge of Investment Company Act of '40 and broad knowledge of various federal and state regulations.
- Experience with the current and proposed regulatory environment (SEC, FINRA, and ERISA)
- Broad knowledge of federal securities laws and regulations
- Act as appointed SEC AND FINRA regulatory liaison, managing regulatory audits and exams.
- Familiar with rules governing compliance with GIPS reporting standards
- Has management abilities to oversee the enhancement and implementation of firm operational processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Required Years of Experience:
For more information contact: Lynn Tyburski (617)728-4100 | email@example.com
$200,000 - $225,000