Boston asset management firm is seeking a Contract Operations Specialist to join their team! The Operations Specialist in this role will be assigned accounts for monthly review as well as monitor daily bank feeds, administration of daily reconciliation systems, system integrations, and testing and validating. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical background with a keen attention to detail.
- Monitor portfolio holdings, trade activity, and cash balance with the custodian bank statements. Research and resolve outstanding differences.
- Ensure accounting data is correct by performing account review at the end of the month.
- Reconcile currency balances in the firm's systems and custodian cash statements ensuring that currency accounts are not overdrawn. Adjust as need to the internal system or direct custodians to correct their reported cash.
- Assist with facilitating the trade and the FX settlement process.
- Work with custodians to ensure an effective working relationship and to secure proper attention and maintenance of the clients' accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Analytical background and knowledge of financial accounting principles
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while handling confidential information
- Problem solving skills and willingness to assume additional responsibilities